Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Strawberry Bread

For the first time ever, our 4 pound clam shell of strawberries from Costco started getting mushy before we'd eaten all of it. There's a popular adage in our church: Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. This was a time to use it up. I searched through my cookbooks for a good way to use up strawberries. I found this recipe in my Food Storage cookbook from the LDS cannery. It was SO good!

Strawberry Bread

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use melted coconut oil.)
2 cups sliced strawberries

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, oil, and berries. Mix until just moistened. Spoon into 2 prepared (greased and floured) loaf pans. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool in the pans for several minutes. Remove from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack to cool completely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment