Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Frozen PB & B Bars

Hubby works for our state's government, and I'm a full-time student and mom. We're not rolling in money by any stretch of the imagination. For the time being, we're receiving food assistance in the form of WIC. In case you aren't familiar with WIC, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants, and children up to age 5 receive checks for a monthly allotment of milk, cheese, beans, cereal, etc. One of the things we get a lot of with WIC is peanut butter. The problem is, Babyzilla (who's almost 2 and a half now) doesn't really care for peanut butter. I can eat only so many PB&Js. I use it as a dip for apples and celery, too. Still, I had 5 jars of peanut butter in my cabinets. That's how these beauties were born.

Frozen PB&B Bars

Ripe bananas
Creamy peanut butter
Graham crackers

Mix together bananas with enough peanut butter to make a goopy, yet speadable mixture. (The paddle attachment on a stand mixer is perfect for this.) Spread a spoonfull onto 1/2 of a graham cracker square, and top with the other half. Place the sandwiches in a freezer bag and freeze for at least 2 hours.

The first time I made these, I used 5 bananas and about half of a jar of peanut butter, but use what you have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment