Friday, August 26, 2011

Cool Things Babyzilla Does: Month 7

Another month gone? It just doesn't seem possible that it's been 7 whole months since you came into the world. In some ways it's like you just got here and in others it's like you've always been part of our family.

Some things you do now that you're a big (and I do mean BIG) 7 month old:
  • Wear size 24 month clothes
  • Love to hit buttons
  • Chew on EVERYTHING.
  • Roll from back to tummy and tummy to back.
  • Crawl... backwards. We'll work on that. You've managed to get stuck up the leg of the coffee table a number of times. You can't put your feet on the ground to rool out of it, but you can't crawl forward either. You just look up at Daa-ee and I with a pitiful "Help me!" look. It's hilarious! Yes, we come to the rescue.
  • Drink out of Mama or Daddy's glass. We hold it and you sit away.
  • Hold your own bottle. I'm sure you could have done that earlier if we didn't use glass bottles.
  • Say even more words. "Hi Da-ee!" is very common. People can tell me that you don't know what you're saying all day long, but I don't believe it. You only say it when Daddy comes into the room or when he's on the phone. You know that people say "hi" when somebody walks into a room or talks on the phone.
  • Sign more. You have developed your own sign for "Change my diaper." You pat your diaper and then pull on the crotch area. We ask if you want your diaper changed, you smile and giggle. You give the sign for "milk" when you want a bottle. I never taught you that. I did the milk sign when I went to nurse you, but never for a bottle. I guess liquid food is all the same in your eyes.
  • You love to grab hair and earrings. We're working on that. We don't get mad. You're a baby. You don't know that it hurts. But, we made a sign for "let go." It works really well.
You get cuter and smarter every day. Daddy and I can't wait to see what the next month has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment